The hype seems to get bigger and bigger each year. Instagram and Twitter are overflowing with messages from hysterical, enthusiastic fans and Starbucks seems to be the number one player in the Pumpkin Spice-game. But you don’t have to travel to America or visit Starbucks to get your shot of Pumpkin Spice! Making it yourself might even be easier and with that lovely mixture, you can prepare these perfect Pumpkin Spice meringues.
Pumpkin Spice is a mixture of five different spices and shows its lovely face each pumpkin season. The combination of the five spices work damn well with pumpkin but is, as you probably all know, even used to spice up your precious latte’s!
Because I fell in love with this perfect autumn flavour, I decided to make some silky smooth meringues and add autumn to them. I could tell you how perfectly it works, how you’re immediately transported to a sunny day in autumn, but you can best just make them yourself. Damn easy and damn delicious!
Pumpkin Spice Meringues
- 4 egg whites
- 170 gr sugar
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice *see below
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
Pumpkin Spice ingredients
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
Make your own Pumpkin Spice
- All the spices that you need are in the list above. Make sure you use them all grounded. Add them all together, mix them well and there you go!Of course you can make more of it as you please, just make sure you keep to the proportions.
Pumpkin Spice Meringue
- Beat up the egg whites until they are firm and stiff.
- Gradually add the sugar and keep on beating until it's a silky, stiff mass.
- Pour in the vinegar and mix it well.
- Last but not least: add the Pumpkin Spice and really mix well. There you go: you're meringue mix is done.
- Prepare a baking sheet and, with the use of a piping bag or a scoop spoon, place your meringues on the sheet. With a small sieve, sprinkle some pumpkin spice on top of your cookies, this will definitely improve the taste (and smell of your home, mmm!). Bake them on 110 degrees Celsius for 90 minutes.