I was sick at home for more than a week and after the flu was completely gone I still had about a dozen of lemons left that I’d used for fresh tea. I decided I had about enough of that tea but I could really use it to bake something nice. This lemon bread with ginger and a drizzled glaze was the end result. The combination of lemon with ginger is always going strong and add some sugar and you won’t be able to resist!
Lemon bread with ginger and drizzled glaze
For the cake
- 180 gr Flour
- 180 gr Sugar
- 180 gr Butter room temperature
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Lemons
- Piece fresh ginger
- Baking powder
- 160 gr icing sugar
- Lemon juice from the lemons you use for the batter
- Grate the lemons in a big bowl. Set the lemons aside, you'll use these later for the glaze.Also grate the piece of fresh ginger, add that to the lemon grate and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar, butter (in cubes), eggs and some baking powder to the bowl. Mix it well.
- Prepare a bread tin and pre-heat your oven on 180ºC.
- Pour your batter in the bread tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- While your cake is in the oven, it's time to make the glaze.Sieve the icing sugar above a bowl and bit by bit add some lemon juice. The glaze needs to be a bit syrupy and not too thin.
- Take the cake out of the oven and test, with a skewer if it's done. If not, just bake it for a few more minutes.
- Set it outside to cool. Drizzle the glaze over your cake just before serving.Enjoy!