Oh my, whenever the blueberries are back in town I can’t wait to start baking with them. I like to use them for cakes, cookies and pies. Especially this one is amazing, the recipe is quite easy and do-able for even the not-so experienced bakers.
- 350 gr flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 0,5 tbsp salt
- 250 gr butter
- 4-5 tbsp water
- 2-3 trays blueberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 200 gr sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, butter and water together until it forms a ball of dough. Leave it rest for at least an hour in the fridge.
- Place the blueberries in a big bowl. In a cup, mix the lemonjuice with the corn starch and sugar. Stir this mixture through the blueberries and make sure that each one of them is covered.
- Make a cake pan ready for use, clean and grease, and form a crust with 2/3rd of your dough. Fill the pan with the blueberries and top if off with the left over dough.
- Bake it for around 50 minutes on 180°C until the crust is nice and brown.
- Let it slowly cool on your countertop before serving.Nice with some ice cream!