I have the strangest feeling that no-one will believe me when I say that I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I don’t like it, I just don’t eat it often. Unless I’m baking of course. And even though there is technically no baking involved with this cheesecake, it’s really one of my favourites thanks to its divine amount of chocolate.
As you might know, I love to bake. From Lemon Meringue to Vegan Brownies or a fancier Red Velvet Cake, but lately I’ve been re-discovering the art of no-bake cheesecake and am totally in awe. How much deliciousness you can achieve by not baking but just letting the pie sit in the fridge is beyond me. Because this is a no-bake cake, I think it’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll find on Blackbirds&Blossom, so hurry up and make one for yourself, you won’t be disappointed, I promise you!
No-bake Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo-crust
- 300 gr Oreo cookies
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- 100 gr sugar
- 400 gr cream cheese
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 150 gr butter
- First chop up the Oreo cookies really small. You can best use a food processor or otherwise slam them with a rolling pin. You know the drill..
- Melt the butter and pour it over the cookies.
- Prepare a baking tin by greasing the bottom and the sides. Pour in the cookie/butter-mixture. Press it hard against the bottom with a glass and place it in the fridge.
- Whip up the whipped cream and sugar until it's stiff.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream cheese so it becomes a bit more fluffy. Add it to the whipped cream and whip it up again.
- Melt the dark chocolate au-bain marie and pour it slowely in the cream cheese-mixture. Fold it through with a spatula until it's thoroughly mixed.
- Pour your chocolate cream cheese on top of the crust and decorate it with some left over Oreo cookies or chocolate shavings. Let the cake set in the fridge for at least a couple of hours but best for a whole night.Enjoy!