Lentils are really one of my favourite ingredients lately, they are so diverse and are perfect for healthy, vegetarian dinners! One of these dinners is this brown lentil salad with roasted sweet potato, bell pepper and feta.
Lentil Salad with Sweet Potato, Bell Pepper & Feat
- 2 sweet potatoes medium sized
- 1 red bell pepper
- 150 gr brown lentils
- 100 gr feta
- 2 small onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius and bring a pot water to a boil.Cut up the sweet potatoes, bell pepper, onion and garlic. Add it all in a big bowl, toss it over with some olive oil and salt&pepper and mix it well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with some parchment paper and cover it with the vegetable mix. Bake them in 30 - 40 minutes.
- Add the lentils to the boiling water and cook them in 30 minutes. Pour them in a sieve and let them sit for a while.
- The salad is a combination of the arugula, grilled vegetables, boiled lentils and crumbled feta.Make an easy balsamic dressing (some vinegar, oil, salt & pepper) and sprinkle this over your salad.Enjoy!