Of course you can bake chocolate cookies in a thousand different ways, but this one is easily my favourite. It’s easy, tasty and the end result is so amazingly pretty that you will want to fill your Instagram Feed with a million pictures of these tasty treats.
Whenever I feel like baking, I rather go for a cake or some brownies instead of cookies. But during the last holidays I felt like it was time for something new. My classic meringues magically appeared out of my oven with a fresh lemon flavour and I decided to bake the beste recipe for chocolate cookies ever.
You don’t want to skip the step where you put the dough in a fridge. Because it is made with butter, it is really important to let it harden in the fridge before you start baking, otherwise the cookies will be huuuge and not as chewy as you’d wish.
The recipe exists of only 5 steps. Just make sure you’ve set all the ingredients within arms reach and it’ll be a matter of easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Chocolate crinkle cookies
- 180 gr flour
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 50 gr dark chocolate
- 30 gr butter room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- Confectioner's sugar
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt) in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate au-bain marie.
- Beat the eggs together with the sugar and vanilla sugar. Pour in the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture bit by bit. Cover the dough and put the bowl in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven on 180 degrees. Form the dough into small balls and place them on a plate. Pour some confectioners sugar in a small bowl and roll the balls through this.Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.