Every year when the asparagus are back in stock I’m having a little party. A party with this amazing asparagus pizza with goat cheese and bacon. I always buy too much so I have the best excuse ever to make pizzas two or three days in a row.
Pizza with asparagus and bacon
- Puff pastry as much sheets as big as you want your pizza to be
- Creme fraiche and cream mix this 50/50
- Goatcheese the soft kind
- 200 gr asparagus cleaned
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and lay it out, forming a huge pizza crust. Fold the edges once.
- Smear the bottom with a thin layer of the cream / creme fraiche combination and crumble the goat cheese.
- Because the asparagus are quite thin you don’t need to boil them beforehand. If you have a couple of thick ones, just slice them in half.
- Divide those over the pizza and top it off with bacon.
- Pre-heat the oven for 180 degrees and bake the pizza in around 15 – 20 minutes.