Sometimes it’s needed to be a bit creative with all the ingredients you already have at home. During one of those moments I found out this recipe for risotto with tomatoes and goat cheese. Really easy to make and we already had everything at home!
Tomato risotto with goat cheese
- 250 grams risotto rice
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tomatoes
- Soft goat cheese
- 3 shallots
- Fresh basil
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- Glass of white wine or two
- In a frying pan, simmer the shallots. Are they glossy? Add the risotto rice and add some wine.
- It’s time to add the first batch of vegetable stock. Do this with a little bit of love, don’t put the fire on too high and keep on stirring.
- Cut the tomatoes and if you’ve used the first half of the stock, add the first half of the tomatoes with the risotto.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- Continue adding the stock, it might take about 20 minutes before the rice is done.
- When it’s done, add the other half of the tomatoes together with some salt and pepper. Stir this for about two minutes.
- If you want the risotto to be a bit more creamy, add some mascarpone or creme fraiche. You can also already stir in some goat cheese and let it melt.
- Everything done? Serve the food on a deep plate and crumble some goat cheese and basil on top of your risotto.