Risotto is my favourite comfortfood and even when I don’t really need comfort, it’s the number one food I can always, always eat. And the best of all? You can add everything you like and create your own version. One of my most beloved options if the one with mushrooms.
Risotto with mushrooms
- 250 gr risotto rice
- 1 onion
- Mushroom mix
- Pecorino cheese
- 1 liter mushroom or vegetable stock
- 1 glass white wine or two, or three
- Fresh basil
- Fry the, cut up in small squares, onion in a big pan.
- Does it look glossy? Add the risotto rice and stir this around until the rice looks shiny. Throw some wine in and let it simmer for a short while.
- Slowly add the mushroom or vegetable stock to the rice and stir it for a while. The rice needs to absorb the stock, that makes the risotto risotto.
- When you’ve used up half of your stock, slowly add more once it’s almost absorbed, it is time to add the mushrooms. Slice these small but not too small and add them to your risottopan.
- It might not be needed to completely use up the liter of stock, just keep on adding and tasting until the rice is done.
- Is it done but do you feel like it could be a bit more creamy? Just add some mascarpone or creme fraiche.
- For the last step, add some pecorino and serve it on your plate with som fresh basil.