Oh heavens, just looking at the picture above makes me craving this gorgeous cake again. For my birthday I wanted to make something with chocolate, something easy to give to everyone as a treat but normal brownies would be a bit too dull. The result? I just threw together a lot of stuff and this chocolate marshmellow browniecake was divine!
Browniecake with marshmellow-topping
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- 325 gr flour
- 400 gr sugar
- Vanilla sugar
- 240 gr butter
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: crumbled chocolate & chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts (optional)
- Mini marshmellows (normal sized cut in half will also work!)
- 100 grams of dark chocolate to melt + glass of milk to dilute when it’s too heavy
- Melt butter, remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Add the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and four eggs and mix together.
- As a final step mix the flour untill it’s a smooth batter.
- Now you can decide how much you crunch you want to give your brownies. Stir in some chopped nuts or pieces of dark chocolate to give them an extra bite. Simply choose whatever you like!
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C., grease a baking tin and pour batter in it. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Your brownie-base is finished, time to give it a little oomph.
Sprinkle the marhsmellows, pieces of chocolate and crunched nuts over your base.
- Turn the oven down to 80 degrees C. and put in your brownies until the marshmellows double in size.
- Let it cool and drizzle some melted dark chocolate over your new cake!