Foamy meringue cookies combined with chocolate and coconut is really the best thing on earth. Ever. I’ll explain how you can easily make them yourselves, because making meringue isn’t as hard as you might think!
Chocolate meringue with coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 150 gr sugar
- 125 gr shredded coconut
- 200 gr dark chocolate
- Heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius and fix a plate with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are firm.
- Add the sugar and coconut and whip up again until you have stiff and glossy peaks.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie and drizzle it across your egg white-mixture. Gently scoop it through two times so it kind of blends but not too much.
- Take two spoons and make small heaps on the plate. Bake them for about 30 minutes.
- If you have some chocolate left, just save it until the meringues are cooled and dip their bottoms in the melted chocolate. Let it harden on a upside down on an oven rack.