Coconut might be one of my most used ingredients lately, I just enjoy the texture and slight hint of tropical flavour. But this one is a bit more over the top. For the first time I didn’t use the flakes but the milk, it gives a perfect silky texture and the combination of banana with coconut is divine!
It’s been countless of times that I bought bananas and let them sit for so long that they turned dark brown. And I can’t be the only one, right? I mean sometimes it’s just a matter of minutes, you look away for a sec and *poof* they are done! Well.. good thing is, you don’t have to throw them away anymore! Brown bananas are perfect to make banana bread! Whip up some coconut frosting to top it off and you’re diving right into those summer feelings.
This banana bread recipe can actually be made out of one bowl, just follow the steps and don’t prepare the ingredients too much and you’ll be left over with almost no dishes ;)
Banana bread with coconut frosting
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 10 gr coconut
- 100 gr brown sugar
- 115 gr butter soft
- 250 gr flour
- 16 gr baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 90 ml coconut milk
- 170 gr butter soft
- 250 gr powdered sugar
- Whisk the butter and sugar together in a big bowl
- Add the first egg, start beating until it get's a bit more soft. Add the second one and continue beating. It gradually becomes a liquid dough.
- Take a fork, open the bananas, squish them in the peel and drop the squished banana in the bowl. Mix it through for a second.
- Add the salt, baking powder, coconut and flour to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Bake off your banana bread in the oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 40 - 45 minutes. When it's done, take it out and let it sit on the counter to cool off completely.
- Mix the coconut milk and butter together. It clumps but that will get better, no worries.
- Sieve the powdered sugar over the combination and start mixing. It takes about 7 minutes for it to set and form a silky, stiff frosting.
- And now the nice, and tasty, part: just drop the frosting on the banana bread and start spreading. You're done! Enjoy!